Thursday, July 14, 2011

First Post!!

Hello friends!
This is my first official post, I'm very new to this whole blog thing, so it may take me some time to get used to it. I wanted a way to share my new experiences with my family and friends! I had a very hard time coming up with a title, the creative juices aren't flowing today...But I chose a title that means a lot to me in lots of ways. As a little girl and even twenty three years later my mom has called me "Dani Girl". It's simple and it just stuck. It's just me. I wanted to supply more details about what I am preparing to experience in about a month. My move in date is August 28th. I will be moving to Denver and living in house with several others who are in the program as well. Not sure which house I will be in just yet, but I know I will be in Capitol Hill or Five Points...Needless to say I hope I end up in Capitol Hill...haha, but it is closer to where I will be working too. I will be serving as a volunteer through an organization called Hope Communities, its a non-profit that provides housing to low income families. I will have several responsibilities, but I will mostly be working directly with the families and the programs that are offered to them. I am beyond excited, but also very nervous...I will also be learning how to "live simply" meaning I am provided with the basic needs of a human being: Food and Shelter. I will also receive a monthly stipend of 75.00 a month. It may be a lot to get used to at first but I think it will teach me many valuable lessons about separating needs from wants. I will still be available to see family and friends on nights and weekends, which I believe will keep me sane. I'm sure I will make many friendships through this experience, but I may need to escape at some point ;) But I'm looking forward to what this year will bring me, new experiences, new friendships and personal growth! Hopefully those of you who really know me, know that I am long winded most the time, so expect relatively long posts because I cannot summarize my thoughts in a few simple sentences ;) Your thoughts, prayers, and support (including comments on here) would be extremely awesome :)

Lots of Love,
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.